Bright Development Prospect of Pectin Application
Development Prospect of Pectin Application
Pectin is a green food additive extracted from apples, citrus, beets, sunflowers and other plants, which is rich in dietary fiber, has no toxic side effects on the human and is natural and nutritious and healthy. According to expert predictions, the demand for pectin will continue to grow at an annual rate of 5%-10%, and the market demand exceeds supply. Below you will find more information about the pectin application.
1. What is Pectin
Pectin is a green food additive extracted from apples, citrus, beets, sunflowers and other plants, which is rich in dietary fiber, has no toxic side effects on the human body, natural nutrition and health. At present, pectin is widely used in food and health products, and has a good development prospect.
The main production areas of pectin are in the United States, the United Kingdom, Denmark, etc. The production in Asian countries is very small, but the consumption is large. According to statistics, China consumes about 5,000 tons of pectin every year, of which about 80% is imported from abroad, but because the import price of pectin is higher than the domestic price, many domestic enterprises are looking forward to domestic pectin, so using the abundant pectin resources in China, we should increase the development of pectin production process to produce high-quality pectin to meet the market demand. According to expert forecasts, the demand for pectin will still grow at a rate of 5%-10% per year, and the market demand exceeds supply.
2. Development Prospects of Pectin in Food
- 2.1 In jam, jelly and other products, the gelling agent characteristics of pectin can make the finished product delicate, elastic and tough, with a smooth taste, and can also increase the flavor.
- 2.2 In low-sugar food, jelly made of low-ester pectin can strengthen stomach, increase appetite and lift lead poisoning.
- 2.3 In baked goods, it can improve the air permeability of dough, enhance the taste and prolong the role of shelf life.
- 2.4 In beverages with pulp type, it can solve the problem of layering and sticking walls of pulp suspension beverages, make the pulp evenly distributed in the beverage and reduce precipitation.
- 2.5 Pectin is widely used as a stabilizer and thickener in acidic beverages and chocolate because of its acid resistance. With the development of calcium-sensitive pectin (CSP), the consumption of pectin in acidic protein beverages has been increasing year by year.
3. Development Prospects of Pectin in Cosmetics
Pectin has a certain role in protecting skin, preventing ultraviolet radiation, treating wounds, and beautifying the skin, and is often used in the cosmetic industry, and its usage rate increases every year.
4. Development Prospect of Pectin in Medical and Health Care Products
Pectin is also rich in dietary fiber, which is effective in the prevention and treatment of hypertension, diarrhea, intestinal cancer, diabetes, obesity and other diseases, and is an excellent matrix for pharmaceutical preparations, which has a bright future in medical and health care products.
Pectin can also be used in diapers to protect the delicate skin of infants and children; it can also be used in band-aids to accelerate the healing of wounds.
Any Questions? Need Help?
With the mission of providing plant-based gums & stabilizers for a healthier life, Gino Gums & Stabilizers was founded in 2018.
We focus our main attention on various kinds of Plant-Based Hydrocolloids and Stabilizing solutions systems.